If you are new to the world of supplements, it might be overwhelming to understand their uses. In such a case, it is advised to learn about a few necessary supplements and ingredients.
Let’s start with creatine monohydrate. So, what is creatine monohydrate, and what does it help with? Keep reading the article to get a crash course on creatine monohydrate benefits, uses, and risks.
What is Creatine?
Before looking for the best creatine monohydrate in India, it’s essential to understand its basics. Creatine is formed of three amino acids that make up about 1% of the total volume of human blood. These amino acids, namely, l-arginine, glycine, and l-methionine, are stored in the skeletal muscles, and only 5% is stored in the brain. Around 2% of the stored creatine is used by the body for everyday use and transported to the bloodstream.
Different types of creatines are used in making supplements, and the most common ones are creatine monohydrate and creatine nitrate.
What is the Need for Creatine Supplements?
Now, you might be thinking that if creatine is stored in the body, then why do we need supplements? A person needs 1 to 3 grams of creatine per day, which the body can get from diet and by synthesizing itself. But when you are into hardcore training or follow a very active lifestyle, the body’s creatine stores get replenished very quickly, and this is where the need for supplements arises. According to a sports study, larger athletes who train intensely might need to consume around 5 to 10 grams of creatine per day.
5 Reasons Why Creatine Monohydrate is One of the Best Supplements
Creatine is one of the few dietary ingredients that has been extensively researched for years; hence, creatine supplements are one of the top choices for exercise performance. Here are five reasons that will prompt you to choose the best creatine monohydrate in India –
1. Creatine monohydrate is safe to consume, and its usage does not have any detrimental effects.
Studies over the years have backed up creatine monohydrate as a safe supplement, and the only common side effect might be weight gain. Creatine increases the water content of the muscle cells and helps with muscle mass; hence, weight gain should not be considered a bad thing.
2. Creatine in the monohydrate form has the most scientific support, and creatine monohydrate benefits include muscle gain and better athletic performance, among other advantages. Studies have shown that creatine supplements consisting of the monohydrate form can increase strength gain by about 5 to 10%.
3. Monohydrate supplements are easier to find as a solo ingredient, unlike other forms of creatine that are found in pre-workout supplements. This makes it convenient for users to consume this ingredient without any added substances, and there are many options available in the market.
4. A major factor while selecting supplements is their economic value, and creatine monohydrate passes this test with flying colors. Since monohydrate has been available for a long time, it is cheaper to produce, and with so much competition, brands generally keep their prices low.
5. Lastly, creatine monohydrate helps increase exercise performance just as any other form, if not more. By supporting strength, muscle recovery, and muscle mass, monohydrate is one of the most impressive forms of creatine to consume.
You may like this: Best whey protein for bodybuilding
Common Uses of Creatine Monohydrate Supplements
Now that we have discussed the benefits of creatine, here are some common uses of creatine supplements in daily lifestyle –
- For better athletic performance
As discussed above, creatine monohydrate benefits are multi-fold, and the major advantage of consuming creatine supplements is better athletic performance. If you are someone who follows a weightlifting and training regime, then creatine products can be a wise addition. Creatine allows the body to produce more energy, which can help you work harder at the gym with less fatigue.
A 2012 review concluded that creatine boosts the effects of resistance training and increases the quality of speed training, along with better endurance. It helps athletes and bodybuilders in anaerobic activities but not in aerobic exercise.
- For increasing body mass
Another primary use of creatine supplements is to increase body mass, which can happen due to two reasons.
1. By increasing energy levels during workouts, creatine helps individuals perform better at the gym and supports them through harder exercises.
2. Creatine causes the muscles to hold water, which can lead to an increase in body mass, and the gains are likely due to water retention in the body.
- To prevent muscle damage
Creatine not only helps improve workout performance or increase muscle mass but is also great for reducing muscle damage and supporting recovery. Anyone into muscle-building knows how important rest and recovery are for muscle growth, and creatine monohydrate can help in this area. Creatine also has antioxidant effects, which can help reduce muscle cramping.
- To address creatine deficiencies
Creatine is needed for a range of body functions, and if you have a deficiency in your body, it can lead to many illnesses. Thus, creatine supplements can be of huge help in bridging the gap and filling these deficiencies; however, the effect might differ from person to person.
- Boost mental performance
Supplements and products made with creatine can help with strengthening mental power. Creatine might provide a therapeutic approach and can also boost mental performance, especially among the elderly.
you may also like: Benefits Of The Best Pre-Workout Supplements And Its Essential Ingredients
Creatine Monohydrate: Safety Concerns and Impact of High Dosage
Creatine is considered a very safe supplement, but high doses can affect the liver, heart, or kidneys, including the following effects –
1. Stomach pain and diarrhea
3. Muscle cramps
Apart from this, people with kidney issues and pregnant or lactating women are advised not to consume the supplement or consult their physician to make an informed choice.
What is the Best Creatine Monohydrate in India?
These multiple creatine monohydrate benefits can make people interested in consuming it as a supplement, but the question arises – what is the best creatine supplement to go for? Here are two monohydrate supplement options to help you decide –
- Eligator Creatine Monohydrate
This supplement comes in a 250-gram container and provides 50 servings with two flavor options – lemon and litchi. What makes this product the best in the market is that each serving provides 5 grams of creatine that is instantly absorbed in the body to provide a constant supply of energy. Not only this but this non-caloric sweetener formula is created with authentic, top-quality creatine monohydrate to support high-intensity exercises and increase muscle volume.
- Eligator Creatine Monohydrate Unflavoured
If you are looking for a no-added flavor option, then the unflavored version might be best-suited. This product provides 83 servings, and each scoop contains 3 grams of unadulterated creatine to provide extra energy and better recovery.
See this also: How To Choose The Best Supplement For Weight Gain In 2024
You can find these supplements and other authentic product ranges in varied sizes and flavor options at Eligator Nutrition
Thus, creatine monohydrate can be a safe addition to your regime, and if you want to build muscle mass or are facing deficiencies, then the supplement can support your body to bridge the gap. Remember not to consume it in increased quantities, and you can reap its benefits in the long run without any health effects.