What is Creatine Monohydrate?
Creatine is a source of energy that helps your skeletal muscles contract and also helps create a steady supply of energy in your muscles so they can keep working, especially while you’re exercising.
Creatine supplements supply energy to the muscles that are taken by many people to build strength and promote brain health. About half of the body’s supply of creatine comes from the diet, especially protein-rich foods such as:
- Animal milk consists of cow, goat, and sheep milk.
- Red meat (pork, veal and beef).
- Seafood (fish and shellfish).
The other half is naturally produced in the liver, kidneys, and pancreas, which deliver about 95% of the creatine to your skeletal muscles to use during physical activity, while the rest goes to the heart, brain, and other tissues. Creatine supplements exist as powders, Tablets, Capsules, Liquids, and Energy bars.
Types of Creatine
There are six types of creatine:
- Creatine Monohydrate
The most common supplement form of the lot is creatine monohydrate, which is the form that has been used in the majority of research on the topic. This is made up of a creatine molecule and a water molecule, which can be processed in a few ways. Also, sometimes, the water molecule is removed, resulting in creatine anhydrous. Through this removal of water, the amount of creatine is increased in each dose as anhydrous is 100% creatine by weight, whereas the monohydrate form is about 90% creatine by weight.
- Buffered Creatine
Manufacturers have attempted to improve the stability of creatine in the stomach by adding an alkaline powder, which resulted in a buffered form that could increase its potency and reduce side effects such as bloating and cramping.
- Creatine Magnesium Chelate
Creatine magnesium chelate is a form that’s “chelated” with magnesium, which simply means that magnesium is attached to the creatine molecule.
One research compared bench press strength and endurance between groups consuming creatine monohydrate, creatine magnesium chelate, or a placebo, and both the monohydrate and magnesium chelate groups improved their performance more than the placebo group, but there was no difference between them.
- Liquid Creatine
Commonly, creatine supplements come in powdered form, but some ready-to-drink versions have already dissolved the supplement in water; however, limited research examining liquid forms indicates that they’re less effective than monohydrate powders.
- Creatine Hydrochloride
Creatine hydrochloride (HCl) has become considerably popular with some manufacturers and supplement users, but the initial excitement about it was probably due to reports of its superior solubility. With its superior solubility in water, it’s speculated that a lower dose can be used, reducing relatively common side effects like an upset stomach. You need to opt for the best creatine HCL to gain all the benefits authentically.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester
Manufacturers claim that creatine ethyl ester is better than any other forms of the supplement, including the monohydrate form, and some evidence indicates it may be better absorbed than creatine monohydrate in the body; however, due to differences in muscle uptake rates, some believe that it could outperform creatine monohydrate.
Do creatine supplements help in gaining muscles?
Research shows that taking creatine, weightlifting, and exercising regularly can help increase muscle growth in people 18 years and above, but again, there aren’t enough studies to say that creatine helps develop muscle growth in people older than 65 or people with diseases that affect their muscles.
Are creatine supplements healthy?
Research shows that it’s safe for many people to take creatine supplements, but there isn’t enough proof to know if it’s safe
for those with the following:
- Liver disease.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding (chestfeeding)?
- Kidney diseases
- If you suffer from bipolar disorder, creatine may also increase your risk of mania.
Why should you take creatine supplements?
Many athletes consume creatine supplements to help in their regular workout routines as it creates “quick burst” energy and increased strength, which increases your performance without affecting your ability to exercise for longer periods. When talking about creatine monohydrate benefits, studies show that creatine supplements may help brain function in people 60 and older which includes:
- Short-term memory.
- The most common type of creatine supplement
Creatine Monohydrate, a dietary supplement that improves muscle performance in short-duration for high-intensity resistance exercises, such as weightlifting.
When should you take creatine?
Everybody is unique, and how much creatine you take and how often you take it depends on various factors, so before you consume creatine, talk to a professional healthcare provider. With the help of a professional, you can determine if it’s safe for you to take creatine, as well as the right dosage.
Changes you might see after taking creatine
Creatine mostly goes to your skeletal muscles, that turns creatine into a compound of creatine and phosphoric acid, which helps create adenosine triphosphate (ATP). So, creatine helps maintain a continuous energy supply to your muscles during workouts, also providing more energy and helping to increase muscle growth.
Helps to boost water content in muscle cells
Better cell hydration helps to increase muscle growth and decrease dehydration and muscle cramps in your body.
Helps to speed up muscle recovery
While working out, you produce micro-tears in your muscle fibers, and as you recover, the micro-tears heal, giving more strength as creatine helps activate satellite cells in your muscles, which further helps the micro-tears to heal quickly.
Helps Increase anabolic hormones
The best creatine mono supplements help increase anabolic hormones, which can grow and repair tissues, including insulin, human growth hormone (hGH), estrogen, and testosterone.
Helps to increase phosphocreatine
Creatine can also help in increasing the amount of phosphocreatine in your brain, which may help with memory.
What are creatine monohydrate benefits?
Studies show that taking creatine supplements may help in the following ways if you workout regularly.
- Creatine monohydrate helps athletes tolerate more intense activity.
- Creatine monohydrate helps to reduce dehydration and cramping.
- These supplements help in minimizing muscle tightness, including muscle strains and pulls.
- Creatine monohydrate helps in exercise performance and recovery after intense exercise.
- Creatine monohydrate helps in increasing the muscle mass.
- It also helps in preventing severe muscle injuries or reduce the severity of muscle injuries.
In case you are vegan, you might see more muscle gains by consuming creatine supplements because creatine is not available in animal based foods.
What can happen when you stop consuming creatine?
When you stop consuming creatine, your creatine levels will eventually drop, and the body will still make it naturally, but you will experience some side effects as you adjust to lower creatine levels, which may include:
- Loss of muscle mass.
- Weight loss.
- A short-term decrease in natural creatine production.
Which is the best creatine supplement? Where to buy it in India?
Now, that we know all about creatine monohydrates, let’s talk about the top supplement you can go for, while purchasing in India via stores online.
At Eligator, we use the most authentic ingredients, which makes our supplements the best choice. If you are looking to buy the best creatine monohydrate, best creatine HCl, or best creatine mono, then you can visit at Eligator Nutrition. Eligator has creatine supplements in various flavors to satisfy your taste buds while taking care of your health and fitness goals.
What are Amino Acids and BCAAs?
Amino acids are organic compounds of oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and carbon atoms chained together to form protein.
Protein is essential for structural integrity, immune functioning, and the body’s daily functioning.
There are 20 amino acids. These can be categorized into essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Essential amino acids: They cannot be produced by the body and must be consumed through diet.
- Non-essential amino acids: They can be produced by the body.
Branched Amino Acids (BCAA) are essential amino acids that consist of –
- Leucine: It promotes the growth and repair of muscle tissues.
- Isoleucine: It is essential for muscle metabolism, energy regulation, and immune functioning.
- Valine: It supports muscle tissue repair and growth.
BCAAs and Amino Acids are often consumed as dietary supplements as they support the goals of bodybuilders, athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and active individuals.
Why should you take BCAA and Amino Acids as Dietary Supplements?
If you are an individual looking to fulfill your fitness goals, then BCAA supplements and essential amino acids supplements will help optimize your fitness activity and physical workout regime.
- Crucial for muscle health and protein synthesis
Leucine, one of the components of BCAA, is an activator for new proteins, supporting muscle growth.
- The energy source for high-intensity workout sessions
BCAA supplements serve as a quick energy source during high-intensity workouts and exercises. It quickens the process as it oxidizes directly instead of being broken down to give energy.
- Enhances exercise and workouts
BCAA reduces fatigue and pulls down stress during intense workouts. It allows better exercise and workout sessions, enabling individuals to reach their maximum while exercising.
- Beneficial for muscle recovery and growth
If you consume the BCAA supplement post workouts, it will contribute to muscle repair and recovery. It will behave as building blocks for new protein and repair the damage caused to the muscles while working out.
Amino Acids Benefits
- Heals wounds and supports immune functioning
The best amino acid supplements give immense support, to heal wounds and repair processes after workouts. Since it contributes to protein synthesis, it also supports immune functioning.
- Improves Focus
Essential amino acid supplements enhance cognitive behavior and improve focus while exercising. It influences mental performance and sustains the attention of individuals, ensuring high, value-driven workout sessions.
- Acts as dietary support for specific needs
The amino acid supplements also act as dietary supplements for those having restrictions on food. Vegetarians, vegans, and fruitarians can benefit immensely from the best amino acid supplements.
- Promotes Healthy Skin
Amino acids are also essential for collagen synthesis, which promotes and maintains skin’s elasticity and health. It prevents premature aging and allows a glowing and fresh look.
- Preservation of lean muscle mass
Essential amino acid supplements and BCAA supplement powder prevent lean muscle mass, especially for athletes, bodybuilders, and fitness enthusiasts. They prevent muscle breakdown for energy usage and provide the body with adequate amino acids needed for functioning and energy.
Even though amino acids and BCAA supplements have their benefits, it is essential to consult a healthcare professional before consuming them.
Amino acids and BCAA supplements should be taken with a proper diet and healthy lifestyle for effective results.
How to Take BCAA and Amino Acids Supplements?
- BCAA can be taken before, between, and after a workout depending upon your goal and the advice given by a healthcare professional. Taking BCAA pre-workout provides energy and boosts muscle protein synthesis. Consuming BCAA powder between a workout delays fatigue and enhances performance during the session. BCCA supplements taken after a workout session helps in muscle repair.
- The dosage of the BCAA powder would depend upon the level of workouts and the supplement’s recommendation.
- BCAA is available in many forms- BCAA powder, capsule, and liquids. You can choose the one that suits you best.
Amino Acids Supplements
- Amino acid supplements can be taken daily with meals or as directed by the healthcare professional.
- Many amino acid supplements are taken during the evening to promote relaxation.
- One must be consistent while consuming amino acids for best results.
Remember, your consumption time, dosage, and tenure depend upon your fitness goal. It is essential to consult with a healthcare professional before charting your diet consisting of BCAAs and amino acid profiles.
Which Are the Best BCAA Powders and Amino Acid Supplements Available in India?
If you are in search of the best BCAA supplement for men and best amino acid supplements in India then Eligator Nutrition is all you need to visit and consume.
Authentic and original, Eligator Nutrition is one of the market leaders in dietary supplements. Below are the supplements you must consider while building your amino acid diet chart.
About Eligator Nutrition
Eligator Nutrition combines innovations in science and the desires of fitness enthusiasts, active personnel, bodybuilders, and athletes to manufacture a range of supplements that are effective, authentic, and made with high-quality ingredients to give the best results.
The Eligator Nutrition range of nutraceutical supplements consists of everything an athlete or fitness enthusiast would need including BCAA and EAA.
- Eligator BCAA Plus 30 Servings: The Eligator BCAA powder combines L-Glutamine to maximize strength, and endurance and support muscle repair. It is available in three refreshing flavors. Glutamine elevates the benefits and minimizes muscle soreness and muscle pain. It is a tasty, healthy, and delightful supplement with a serving size of 11 grams for quick recovery.
- Eligator EAA Plus BCAA and Glutamine 30 Servings: Eligator EAA plus BCAA and Glutamine contain all three to provide a complete package to bodybuilders, athletes, sportsmen, and fitness enthusiasts. It can help in muscle recovery, boost immunity, and aid muscle growth through just one scoop of Eligator EAA plus BCAA and Glutamine supplement. Each serving size of 10 grams should be taken with 200-250 ml of cold water and should be consumed not more than two times a day. One serving between meals and one before bedtime. The Eligator EAA Plus BCAA and Glutamine BCAA powder comes in six distinct and delicious flavors- Apple, Cola, Cranberry, Guava, Litchi and Watermelon.
- Eligator Pro Amino Liquid 1000ml: The best amino acid supplement Eligator Pro Amino in liquid form is all you would need to fulfill your daily amino acid dosage. Since it is in liquid form it provides better absorption and gives the essential nutrients required for high-intensity training sessions. It is a fat-free formula and reduces fatigue. It contains amino acids, branched amino acids, vitamin B6, Taurine, L-citrulline, L-arginine, and L-Leucine available in cola flavor to support training sessions, fitness routines, and lack of amino acids. It is recommended to have in 2 servings daily. One serving before workouts and two serving immediately after the training session.
BCAA supplements and amino acid supplements are essential for any bodybuilder, athlete, and fitness enthusiast to function and enhance performance. The dosage and tenure depend upon the desired fitness goal of the individual. Both BCAA supplements and amino acids help the individual by supporting pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout aims. They reduce muscle soreness, help provide energy for workouts, contribute to muscle repair, and enhance muscle growth. The best amino acid supplements and BCAA powders can be found under the authentic brand Eligator Nutrition. Each supplement on Eligator Nutrition is made keeping in mind the goals and desires of the consumers.
Most importantly, it is essential to consult a healthcare professional before consuming any supplement.