What if we told you that there are effective ways in which you can build your body at home with the help of a few equipment and exercises? If this sounds interesting, keep reading this article to learn tips on how to build a body at home.
Top Benefits of Working Out at Home
A home-based exercise can be super convenient and require less time management. Here are some advantages of creating a build body at-home routine –
1. There’s no traveling time involved, and you do not have to wait for machines and equipment, which can make home workouts a time-friendly way for people with a busy schedule.
2. There are no gym fees involved, and the most you need is a few equipment that are cost-friendly and don’t burn your pockets every month.
3. Home workouts can be done anytime you are free, be it morning or evening, and you don’t need a strict schedule to follow.
4. If you feel self-conscious while working out in front of a lot of people, then home workouts can be a comfortable alternative, and you can go at your own pace without any pressure from people around you.
See this also: How To Choose The Best Supplement For Weight Gain In 2024
How Do You Build a Body at Home with Strength Training Exercises?
If you want to follow a build-body home routine, it is important to include strength training and weightlifting exercises in your regime. Here is why strength training is a crucial part of your fitness routine –
1. It helps in building lean muscle mass and can reduce body fat.
2. You can burn calories more efficiently throughout the day, as weightlifting can potentially increase your metabolism rate.
3. Building muscles can help you increase bone density and boost flexibility by improving the range of motion.
4. Strength training is known to improve brain health, reduce back pain and diabetes, and improve the symptoms of heart disease.
5. Weightlifting can help you improve your mood and enhance body stability, along with better posture.
You can start home workouts by only using body weights, but it won’t be as effective as weight training exercises. For this, you might need a few pieces of equipment, including –
- An exercise mat
- Resistance bands
- Dumbbells or a kettlebell
- An exercise or medicine ball
If you don’t want to invest in equipment, you can use water bottles or canned goods instead of dumbbells.
Some Effective Strength Training Exercises Include
Firstly, you need to warm up for at least 5 to 10 minutes, which can include spot jogging, leg and arm movements, etc. Once done, you can follow a dedicated strength workout routine that can include the following exercises –
- Lunges – They work the muscles in the lower body, including your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. You can include walking and jumping lunges while holding weights in both hands.
- Squat to overhead raise – This exercise not only works your glutes and leg muscles but can also work your core, back, shoulders, and triceps. You can hold dumbells on both hands or alternate between hands if you are a beginner and the weights feel too heavy.
- Planks – They are an excellent way to improve core strength and stability, and you can start with a 30-second plank hold and gradually increase the duration as you build strength.
- Pushups – These are a quintessential exercise that should be a part of strength training. If normal pushups seem too challenging, you can start with knee pushups or decline pushups.
- Dumbell shoulder press & tricep kickbacks – If you only want to focus on the arms and shoulders, then these exercises can be a great addition.
You can start with 10 to 12 reps of each exercise and gradually increase the repetitions or the number of sets, along with weights, to build strength. Once the workout is complete, it is essential to cool down by including stretches and slow breathing exercises.
You may also like: How To Find Best Supplement Stack For Cutting In 2024
What Should You Include in Your Diet When You Are Trying to Build Muscles at Home?
While strength training, it is important to feed our muscles with the proper nutrients to build them faster and for better muscle recovery. For this, it is essential to increase your protein intake, which should be around 0.8 to 1 grams per pound of body weight. You can include protein in every meal to form a balanced diet and provide the right fuel to your muscles.
Apart from this, you should increase your fiber intake and include supplements, like protein powders and pre-workouts, if you feel some deficiencies or are unable to reach your macronutrient goals. Here are some supplements that you can check out for muscle-building –
- Eligator Whey Protein Powder
The whey protein powdered formula contains 25 nutrients to support health and immunity. It also helps in maximizing energy levels during a workout and can work wonders in promoting muscle recovery for better muscle growth. The micro-filtered whey protein variant provides 30 grams of protein per scoop and can help you meet your protein goals effectively.
- Eligator Pre-workout Powder
A lot of people think that just because you are working out to build muscles at home, you don’t need pre or post-workout nourishment. You need to take home workouts as seriously as gym ones to see actual results, and that is why pre-workout powder is the best option. Eligator pre-workout powder contains beta-alanine, l-citruline, and l-arginine to help you get through hard workout sessions and build a stronger body.
- Eligator L-Arginine Tablets
L-arginine tablets provide nourishment to your muscles and can improve your workout performance by increasing endurance levels. Each Eligator l-arginine table contains calcium, l-arginine, and l-citruline so that your muscles get proper nutrients for better growth.
- Eligator Multivitamin
Multivitamin tablets are important for overall wellness, and Eligator multivitamin tablets contain 25 essential nutrients to strengthen immunity and boost energy & metabolism. It is the perfect addition to your diet, especially when your body is going through resistance training or lacks a proper diet.
You can find all these supplements, along with a varied range for different fitness needs, at Eligator Nutrition
Tips to Get the Best Results from Home Workouts
To gain effective results from your build body at-home routine, it is recommended to include the following tips –
1. If you are a beginner at working out, it is advised to start slow and gradually increase weight and exercise intensity. Starting with heavy workouts can put a strain on your muscles and body, which can lead to serious injuries.
2. Always remember to warm up before your workout session and cool down after. Include dynamic movements and target every muscle group to prepare them for the workout session. You can also include lighter weights in your warm-up routine before opting for heavier ones.
3. It is advised to train your muscles 3-4 times a week and include a 48-hour rest to provide each muscle group ample time for recovery, leading to lesser chances of injury.
4. While strength training is crucial for bodybuilding, you also need to incorporate cardio exercises in the routine to keep your heart healthy and lose weight more effectively. For this, you can include a 15-minute cardio session after the strength training exercise or do cardio and weightlifting on alternate days.
5. You can include opposite muscle groups and pair them together as the main focus of a particular workout session, like biceps and triceps or abs and back. This can be an effective way to add compound exercises to your regime and can help you see faster results.
6. It is important to change your routine and increase your weight levels with time; otherwise, your body will get used to the workout, and you might stop seeing results after a while.
7. Rest is equally important in muscle building as is exercise. You should take 1-2 days off per week to give your body time to rest and regain its strength.
8. Lastly, none of these workouts can show results unless your diet is in sync. You need to include lots of protein, fiber, fruits, and veggies in your diet. If you want to lose weight while building muscles, it is essential to be in a calorie deficit by eating smaller portions than your normal appetite.
You will also Like: Eligator Best Whey Protein
Cautions While Following a Workout Regime at Home
When trying to build muscles at home, you need to take care of a few things to ensure that your workouts are impactful and you are not wasting your time and energy –
- While choosing a particular online workout, you need to research properly and only follow videos from trainers who are experienced.
- Your posture matters a lot, and you might think you are targeting a particular muscle group, but a bad posture can make the exercise ineffective. Hence, make sure to understand the exercise and all the right movements before performing it.
- Lastly, don’t rush through your workouts and allow proper rest time in between sets for better results.
Thus, working out at home is not as difficult as it seems if you follow the right regime and use an experienced online trainer to learn the exercises. You can use the effective tips mentioned above to make the most of your home workouts and reach your bodybuilding goals successfully.